Winter days are not the most enjoyed. We tend to venture indoors as much as possible which is fine, but your kids may think otherwise. I have created a Winter Bucket List for Families to help bring the magic of winter back. Because kids think snow is magical and the best!
With most of these activities taking place outside, it is important to remember that your kid doesn’t need to be outdoors for a long time.
My Favorite Winter Bucket List for Families:
- Build a Snowman or girl
- Make snow angels
- Make pretend snow ice cream or cones
- Go snow shooing or sledding
- Practice drawing letters in the snow, or shapes for younger kids!
- Make snow castles
- Have a snowball fight
When you are going outside remember to dress yourself and kids properly. I understand this can be tough for younger kids when they are unable to tell you when they are cold or too warm. Follow this guide for your whole family.
After the short time spent outdoors you may wonder, what you should do when you are inside. You know, when you here “i’m bored” countless times out of your kids mouth.
Indoor Winter Bucket List:
- Visit a Bookstore that has a coffeeshop for Mom
- Put on a puppet-show
- Drink hot chocolate with marshmallows after being outdoors.
- Fill up a day with making crafts
- Construct a fort
- Bake your favorite treat, like cookies or brownies
- Cook up a new recipe together
- Read books in the new fort
- Make real snow ice cream
- Make snow–check out this recipe!
- Make snow-slime
If you need more ideas, check out this list of indoor activities.
What is your families favorite thing to do in the winter?! How do you enjoy the season? Let me know in the comments below!